424319 Project Engineer – Container Planning and delivery
Type & duration Contract – 12 Months (37 hours per week)
Start date ASAP
Pay £20 – £35.00 (Rates are negotiable dependant on experience)
Key skills & experience
Container planning experience
* Introduce new container concepts that minimise investment and optimise running costs
* Develop container solutions that support the Assembly & logistics Reference model
* Develop use of network & systems to improve container planning efficiency
* Increase the use of standard containers to improve business flexibility
* Technical solution – engineering ability in Product & container options
* Business process influence – evaluation of the impacts of process actions.
* Awareness of environmental and legislative requirements.
* Establishing business optimised compromises with other related projects or partners.
* Investment decisions – overall container inventory for assembly at Oxford c. £16M
* Component quality – compromise between 100% & economic feasibility
* Project timings – compromise between finding & evaluating the optimum solution & supporting project launch
* Budget savings – transport & operational budget influence of changes to container concept / design
* Transport cost (c. €30M per year)
* Container Investment (c.£16M total inventory of special containers for assembly)
* Product Quality (QZS, QZF, Direct Run) – avoiding transportation damage through robust container design
* Container repair / replacement (c. £300,000 per year)
* Trackside delivery performance (TDP) – ensure containers available in loop & continuity of supply during launch.
* Launch timings, container availability for Process Series, LP & SV stages
* On Time Delivery – avoidance of parts shortages directly resulting from container issues causing vehicle blocks or rework
* Piece Price – minimising packaging supplementary payments, increasing the piece price
* Project management: To decide on escalations to project management team of container costs / timings to target.
* Supply Base / purchasing: Ensure compliance to client standards in packaging manual & timely decisions and provision of key data
* Central KIFA container planners – agree innovative concepts, champion cost saving ideas
* Assembly process design – material handling planning, physical logistics & process planning
* Container manufacturers – ensuring high performance to quality, cost & timing targets
* Reports directly to Container Planning Manager in TO-14. Also matrix responsibility to KIFA central planner for multiple areas.
* All Assembly containers, inbound, excludes on site containers (“B-C”)
* Process ownership from concept to deployment.
* Co-ordination of container and associated facility design
* Proportion (1/4) of £16M total assembly container inventory
* Proportion of typical annual capital investment (project spend) c. £1M
* Proportion of development Budget (£55000 per year)
Knowledge Skills and Experience required;
* Self motivated, analytical and logical.
* Ability for creative thinking.
* Overall knowledge of logistics processes, strategies and concepts.
* General IT Skills (Desktop), Business Process IT Skills.
* Strong project management skills
* BTEC or equivalent Mechanical Engineering qualification
Commutable : Aylesbury, Abingdon, Faringdon, Witney, Bicester