CR/001712 MATERIALS AND PROCESS ANALYSIS ENGINEER
Job type: Contract – inside IR35 – PAYE Umbrella only
Salary: £26.02 per hour – PAYE Umbrella
Duration: Long term
The materials and process analysis team has a new opening for a materials engineer/laboratory associate. As part of the technical laboratory team you will perform specialist, laboratory based, materials technology activities focusing on the non-metal and metal teams as dictated by business requirements and production needs.
The main areas of interest for this position are leather, wood and metal testing.
The technical laboratory provides a support function for production, dealing both with failure analysis and validation of new components. The role requires liaison with test requestors, performing tests and writing reports on a daily basis.
The working environment is high paced, often with several test requests running concurrently. You will need to be flexible and have very good organization and communication skills
The role requires
* Perform tests and write reports as requested by other departments and by the priorities set by the lab.
* Take responsibility of projects designed to help develop and improve internal laboratory and wider motor car processes.
* Liaise with requestors on a regular basis to help in continuous improvement or extended problem solving.
* Be responsible for some of the lab equipment, becoming the point of reference for the laboratory in these techniques and contributing to a Healthy and Safe work environment by managing the H&S aspects for this equipment.
What we’re looking for
* A degree in Materials science, mechanical or process engineering or related field, with some experience in a lab environment. A candidate with an NVQ4 or HND and significant experience would also be considered.
* A candidate with experience in leather testing or processing would be strongly favoured but at the same time the position will also fit a graduate that wishes to work in a laboratory on several different materials.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.