CR/001718 SQL Data Analyst
Job type: Contract – inside IR35 – PAYE Umbrella only
Salary: £500 Day Rate – PAYE Umbrella
Duration: Contract up to June 2022
To apply for this role you MUST have strong SQL (Structured Query Language) skills and experience using it for data manipulation, modelling required.
If you are invited to attend an interviews – it will include an SQL test.
Reporting to the Data & Analytics Manager, you will be part of an agile product team, comprised of SMEs from the business lines, AWS platform developers, a data architect, data analysts and BI/visualisation specialists, working together to develop our next generation analytics platform.
You will be primarily focused on analysing data in backend systems and developing appropriate data models in our AWS-based data warehouse, but the nature of our T-shaped team means that you will get involved with all aspects of the product delivery process including QA testing and presentations of the data through the Tableau visualisation tool.
* Analysing data in source systems (both internal and external) and mapping it to business processes.
* Supporting the AWS DevOps team in automating the ingestion of data (e.g. by supplying relevant SQL queries).
* Modelling the data in the semantic layer of the data warehouse.
* Maintaining documentation of findings and activities (in Confluence and JIRA).
* Share QA and testing of all data through the systems.
* Reporting of data quality issues back to source system owner.
Qualifications and Experience
* Degree in Computer Science / numerate subject or relevant data experience.
* Data querying languages / tooling with proficiency and experience in writing modular/ reusable SQL scripts.
* Understanding of data profiling and analysis concepts, including data anomalies, data mapping activities.
* Familiar with coding in Python.
* Experience of creating dashboards and visualisations in Tableau would be an advantage but not essential.
* Practical experience of AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management.
Candidates must live and work in the UK to apply for this role.