CR/001741 IT Business Analyst
Job type: Contract – inside IR35 – PAYE Umbrella only
Salary: £550.00 – £600 per day depending on experience
Duration: up to the end of 2022 ( likely to be on rolling )
The successful candidate will hold the role of Business Analyst within the CRM and Marketing IT Feature Team. The role-holder will need to be proactive, able to self-direct and able to work without continual manager oversight. The candidate will be performing a crucial role to tight deadlines within a feature team and therefore demonstrable experience of emotional resilience is highly desirable.
* Closely interface with Product Owners, key business stakeholders and subject matter experts to define and assess requirements which meet the underlying business need
* Capture requirements in a structured format which will form the basis of development
* Capture and define business and technical requirements into User Stories with acceptance criteria based on Definition of Ready (DOR)
* Holistic analysis of business processes – documenting as-is and to-be processes
* Support Testing activities during the System and User Acceptance Test planning and execution phases, including supporting defect management
* Support change management activities including procedure material, training and rollout
* Work with workstream leads to help shape epic estimations to feed into the project plan
* Contribute to the overall technical solution: architecture, approach, etc
* Planning, coordinating and prioritisation of key activities across teams (business and IT)
* Document technical specifications and interfaces specs (SFTP, API, JDBC, etc)
* Conduct Show & Tell sessions with the business to obtain business buy-in and acceptance
* Working in conjunction with the Agile Leads and DevOps Manager to size and manage project scope, timescales and risk
* Support the DevOps Manager with any collateral required for stakeholder management, including PowerPoint , Jira and Confluence assets to update on progress and challenges within the portfolio
* Delegate for Agile Delivery leads / Scrum master when required (e.g. during annual leave)
* Able to gather, extrapolate and document key requirements from Commercial departments for both new projects and support and maintenance activities
* Able to host workshops, meetings to drive out Business requirements and elaborate the Saga-> Epic-> Story elaboration rapidly and to a high level of quality
* Previous proven delivery of application delivery in cloud environments would be a distinct advantage
* Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to present complex topics in an easy to comprehend and non-technical manner to clients in the business departments
* Ability to work in a matrix management structure, self-motivating and often influencing others to deliver when they do not directly report into you or your management line.
* Able to consider political implications of stakeholder point of view when analysing requirements, and adapt stance accordingly.
* Able to communicate at all levels of the organisation, and tailor verbal and written comms accordingly to the specific stakeholder group.
* Able to create wireframes or user interface visual prototypes to allow business users to comprehend likely look and feel of solutions.
* Ability to develop best of breed user interactions for systems, and drive developers to always think with the end customer in mind.
* Comfortable with feature estimating using both capacity and velocity approaches
* Comfortable working without detail supervision from a product owner
* Ability to map complex change clearly using Confluence and Jira including dashboards, refinement pipeline visualisation for complex initiatives.
* Business Analysis – at least 5 years commercial experience working as an Agile business analyst specifying and document requirements to feed subsequently into a DevOps team.
* Project Lifecycle – at least 5 years working knowledge and experience of the full cycle from project initiation through to delivery, including system and user acceptance testing phases.
* User interface design/layout – at least 3 years hands on expertise in UI design, including wireframes, navigation models and specifying front end user experience to developers.
* Resource structure – at least 3 years’ experience working as part of a team where development function is remote (for example nearshore or offshore) and where developers are outsourced on a fixed cost contract
* CRM – at least 3 years’ experience working within a CRM DevOps team.
* Technical User story creation to a high level of quality
* Test case creation and execution including taking a set of business requirements and turning them into structured test cases which a commercial team can comprehend.
* Able to direct IT and business users in correct testing approach and able to assimilate results quickly to present back progress to management.
* Usage of testing or configuration tools which manage bugs or requirements through a fixed lifecycle to delivery.
* Use Case creation and associated methodology.
* Expert user in Jira/Confluence Storyboarding , process design and ability to use visual design of user facing systems
* International Projects – experience working with commercial and IT teams internationally,
* Project Management exposure/experience (although the job will not be graded as a Project Manager it is expected that smaller Epics will become the responsibility of the BA to deliver)
* Previous proven delivery of application delivery in web/cloud environments
* Experience in premium automotive sector, with exposure to CRM , Digital and Marketing functions would be a distinct advantage.
* Recent longer-term contracts (minimum 6 months).
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* The role will be business facing and the ability to communicate effectively in a commercial environment is essential.
* Dedicated, reliable and conscientious, the appointed candidate will be taking on a role that is key to the success of the team.
* Highly motivated and committed individual with a pride in their work – willing to invest the time and effort needed to make a success of the role.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.