CR/001754 Bill of Material Change Co-ordinator
Location: Oxford – OX4 6NL
Job type: Contract – inside IR35 – PAYE Umbrella only
Salary: £27.96 ph
Duration: To the end of the year – possible on rolling contract
Our client is a prestigious automotive manufacturing company based in Oxford, who has a new opportunity for a BOM Change Co-Ordinator.
Responsible for the completeness and correctness of the production Bill of Material (BoM) in Plant Oxford and Swindon.
You will be responsible to validate the plausibility of incoming releases for pre-defined module scope, schedule the released content and communicate implementation with key process partners.
You will need to validate the output of applied BoM change against initial technical change content expectations, lead investigations to resolve complex conflicts in the BoM arising from initial checks or problems arising out of pre-series builds.
You will be expected to participate in daily meetings to align top topics and provide feedback on resolutions.
You will also join weekly process improvement meetings, contributing to the ongoing mission of zero defect and zero disruption.
The successful candidate needs to be able to lead cross-functional teams within the production network to safely introduce time critical and complex changes, with the support of senior Change Co-ordinator if required.
They must be able to evaluate risks/consequences of the planned implementation approach and take necessary mitigation steps to reduce risk as far as possible.
In case of negative impact of change introduction, they will be required to initiate immediate remedial action with support from senior change co-ordinator and together with process partners.
The successful candidate may be required to join and actively contribute to one of our global expert teams where best practices and solutions to common problems are developed.
They must be able to quickly learn and utilise the best practice processes according to these expert teams combined with local team standards, completing necessary activities on time to reach our respective targets.
They will be expected to maintain standardized internal team training documents for a pre-defined specialism and deploy with the entire team as necessary.
An ideal candidate will also be able to actively use and develop data analytics methods within the scope of our processes.
Skills and Qualifications required:
* Qualified to NVQ Level 4 or equivalent (e.g. degree, Membership of Professional Institution or work experience)
* Good interpersonal and communication skills, well organised with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and the ability to cope in a crisis / difficult situation.
* High determination and self-motivation, totally flexible in his / her approach to work and has the necessary drive to see tasks through to completion.
* Ability to multitask in conjunction with priority setting.
* Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing.
* Conversational fluency in German language preferred (B1).
* Willing to lead enablers within the department to drive innovations, process improvements and collaborative work.
* Willingness to lead team peers in technical specialist field of expertise.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.