Key skills & experience
Mould shop setting experience
Vacancy Description RATE: £10 – 11.50 PAYE
SHIFT: Double Days (20% uplift) Week 1 (6:00am to 2:00pm / Week 2 (2:00pm to 10:00pm)
JOB TITLE: Production Setter
SUMMARY – MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
Load tools into presses and run up either from internal memory/setting sheet.
Conduct tool trials and trouble shooting.
KEY TASKS IN THIS ROLE:
1. To change tools and set machines to approved settings.
2. To conduct process troubleshooting activities in order achieve the required product quality standards within process parameters.
3. To carry out and document production tool changes and tool trials as requested and to communicate with project managers and customers when necessary.
4. Comply with operating disciplines, practices, procedures and documentation, to assure that machinery and equipment deliver quality product efficiently.
5. Monitor machine and equipment utilisation, output and efficiencies, take corrective actions as necessary and recommend improvements to ensure department meet targets.
6. To record all information to the correct level of detail on the relevant production paperwork (including setting information and care points).
7. Basic PC literacy required (Word and Excel) and ideally experienced in the use of a shop-floor MRP booking system and QMS.
8. Perform (TPM) maintenance work such as cleaning and oiling machine and ability to resolve basic faults in a logical manner.
9. Participate and assist in training to ensure flexibility of all staff.
10. Ensure good housekeeping in line with Health & Safety / 5 S practices.
11. Any specific task as agreed by your Supervisor/Manager