JOB DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: Night Shift Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: MAC Paint REPORTS TO: Paint Plant Manager
SUMMARY – MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To supervise the paint production and employees over the night shift
KEY TASKS IN THIS ROLE:
* To supervise the Assembly, preparation, painting and polishing areas of the paint plant to ensure production is maximised and plans are achieved.
* To supervise the employees within the teams to ensure adherence to working standards and maintain best practice working
* Ensure set plans are met or any deviation communicated
* Identify part shortages and communicate back to the planning team before production
* Monitor and maintain quality levels during production.
* To promote strong housekeeping.
* Ensure Javlin bookings are up to date daily and correct any stock issues
* To promote a strong handover to the day shifts
* Identify staff training needs and discuss with the Paint plant manager
* Any other items as advised by the Paint Manager to contribute to the effective operation of the department.
* Proven ability to motivate, supervise and lead staff.
* Good Communication skills.
* Knowledge of paint processes
* Previous use of an MRP system.
* Ability to perform under pressure scenarios.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
All employees have a responsibility for Health and Safety whilst at work. As an employee, you shall be responsible for;
* Ensuring the health and safety and welfare of yourself and that of other persons whom may be affected by your actions,
* Co-operating on all matters relating to health, safety and welfare by observing all relevant policies, procedures, safety systems of working and safety signs,
* Only using / operating plant, equipment and machinery for which you have received appropriate training and / or authorisation, and using in accordance with such training,
* Ensuring the use of all safety related guards, control measures, and wearing of personal protective equipment at all times,
* Reporting of all accidents, incidents and reporting any failings to the appropriate Manager and / or Director as necessary, or bring to the attention of the Health & Safety Manager
* As a senior member of staff / Manager, you have the responsibility for ensuring the Health, Safety and Welfare of all staff, employees and visitors, whilst at work, within your areas, in accordance with the Companies Health & Safety Policy and Arrangements.