430209 CNC Machine Foreman
Start date ASAP
Pay Year: Dependant on experience
Location Portsmouth – Access Point – Cosham
Shifts: 7:30 – 15:30+ overtime
Working Hours: 40 p/w
SUMMARY – MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for implementation of Modifications and rectifications making sure its high quality. Using all CNC machines and instructing operators . Responsible for machine maintenance and repair.
KEY TASKS IN THIS ROLE:
* Running CNC machine section
* Managing allocation of jobs sheets for the machinists
* Plan and prioritise work requirements
* Making sure job sheets are finished in a timely manner and high quality machining
* Identify machine maintenance schedules
* Authorise staff holiday/deal with sickness and replacements
* Responsible for machine tool requirements
* Enforcing housekeeping/administration of job sheets
* Allocation of overtime to staff and recording hours on jobs .
* Appraisal Management
* Staff Management
* Recruitment Management
The role of a machinist is to take instruction from your team leader who will provide you with a route card for your next job. Take the route card to your work station and then investigate the CAD model to see what is required for that particular job, decide how you are going to go about the task in hand in the most timely and efficient way.
So you will need:-
Good mould tool knowledge, to know which parts of a mould tool are which and which parts need material leaving plus, which part are clearance and which parts are to be a good fit etc.
A good knowledge of machining in general, the role involves machining complex 3d shapes using cad packages and also a lot of 2d work programmed using the machines in built control. All of our machines all utilise Heidenhain controls varying from 415 to 530. The CAD CAM packages we use are AUTODESK POWERMILL and POWERSHAPE and a package of LEMOINE RTM. The preferred being POWERMILL. All toolpaths and programs are the responsibility of the machine operator to create and prove safe before using! We use the Powershape package for filling in holes creating surfaces and creating engraving.
The machinist needs to be able to work on their own with minimal supervision and be self motivated with a good understanding of how a mould tool works, have a good understanding of Heidenhain controlled milling machines, have a good knowledge of cutter and speeds and feeds, be able to use an overhead crane , and have good general house keeping.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
All employees have a responsibility for Health and Safety whilst at work. As an employee, you shall be responsible for;
* Ensuring the health and safety and welfare of yourself and that of other persons whom may be affected by your actions,
* Co-operating with the customer on all matters relating to health, safety and welfare by observing all relevant policies, procedures, safety systems of working and safety signs,
* Only using / operating plant, equipment and machinery for which you have received appropriate training and / or authorisation, and using in accordance with such training,
* Ensuring the use of all safety related guards, control measures, and wearing of personal protective equipment at all times,
* Reporting of all accidents, incidents and reporting any failings to the appropriate Manager and / or Director as necessary, or bring to the attention of the Health & Safety Manager