JOB REF: EPSW001 – System Engineer (SW) – Local Engineering Team
LOCATION : COVENTRY
FULL TIME PERM POST AND LTD COMPANY CONTRACT POST AVAILABLE
SALARY / CONTRACT RATES TO BE CONFIRMED
Vehicle Component(VC) Company in LG Electronics develops many different kinds of ECUs for Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), and VC Coventry office in the UK has an opening for a Resident Software Engineer in Automotive industry to support customer requests/issues, and technical discussions with the customer
– Support local debugging activities (SW issue reproduction, log capture/analysis, and problem solving) – Good SW background in Automotive industry
– Perform root-cause analysis, use data to identify the scope and scale of impact
– Provide technical support for SW issues debug and resolutions
– Provide oversight in technical SW design reviews for other team members
– Contribute to the development of product / system architecture based on elicitation and understanding of client needs/requirements
– Support 0km SW issues and field SW issues
– Work with SW Engineering team in HQ (Korea) and with our 3rd Parties (worldwide) to support SW implementation
– Active involvement in regular and irregular communications including meetings with customers is needed
– Perform validation test based on LG test process, and reporting/Managing validation results
– Experience in Telematics or in Automotive (at least 1 year of experience is recommended)
– Experience in CAN networks and taking CAN traces
– Experience in Jaguar Land Rover system and processes
– Experience working with QNX-based hypervisor SW platform is a plus
BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
– Understanding of JLR SW development
– Positive, proactive attitude with a willingness to take ownership and drive results.
– Knowledge of software engineering and process maturity models (e.g., Automotive SPICE)
– Good written and verbal communication skills required
– Fluent English mandatory. Additional language fluency will be a plus.