Job title: General Manger Operations
Role: Full time, permanent
Location : Tamworth, Staffs
Salary: £50k – £60k depending on experience brought to the role, (pension scheme membership and 25 days holiday)
Our client is a mechanical control Cable manufacturer with its roots in India and now with operations around the world.
In Tamworth UK is a warehouse, repacking and quality hub supplying Indian manufactured cables to BMW and VW amongst others both in UK and EU.
The role: General Manger Operations
Based in Tamworth the challenging role encompasses many functions suitable for an experienced professional who can appreciate the complex dynamics of an automotive quality supply chain.
The main facets include managing:
* A logistics office that must match despatches exactly in line with customer EDI schedules, creating ASNs and export documentation within an Oracle environment.
* A re-packing team needing clear weekly plans and daily updates on changes and priorities.
* Ensuring sufficient returnable containers are present on site while minimising rental costs.
* The Planning and approval of sea containers from India, monitoring progress of multiple vessels to maintain optimum safety stocks and minimising airfreights.
* A warehouse holding safety stock, empty containers, quarantined parts and after-market stock.
* A despatch area dealing with multiple arrivals and despatches daily.
* The Quality team who will be dealing with customer concerns and internal rejects.
* Interfacing with demanding customers on any or all of the above.
* Health and Safety of all 40 employees on site.
Reporting to the Managing Director who is also based in Tamworth and is responsible for operations in Europe and also for the Tech Centre located at the Tamworth site.
Working knowledge of Oracle BOS or similar.
Familiarity with automotive supply chain norms and practices.
Ability to grasp and give guidance on complex quality issues to minimise cost or reputational impact. Producing 8Ds using root cause analysis tools.
Able to guide team through annual IATF16949 audits.
Empathy with other cultures and seeing both our Indian manufacturing plant and UK warehouse as one team.
Problem solving and system improvement aptitude.
Positive and cheerful disposition in the face of unresolvable issues.
Travel to UK/EU customers and to India is encouraged as part of the essential familiarisation.